What’s this for?
If you take your work computer home and it doesn’t work on your home internet.
There is a known bug in Windows 7 that is causing the computer to remember network settings from Danebank. These instructions will fix this issue.
Please follow these steps to ensure you are automatically getting the correct network settings from your home router.
1. Open the control panel and type “network” in the search box
2. Click on “View network connections”
3. Right-click on your wireless or ethernet connection (depending on which one you are using – ethernet is direct cable connection) and select Properties
4. Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” from the list and then click the Properties button
5. Ensure both “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically” are selected