What is this for?
These instructions show you how to upload one of your videos to your school YouTube account using the YouTube Capture app on iPad.
NOTE: You will need to have created a YouTube Channel first for this to work. See KB0120 – Creating a YouTube Channel on Your School Account
1. Download the YouTube Capture app from the App Store. For downloading apps, see KB0028 – Download an app (iOS 7).
What is YouTube Capture?
Developed by Google, YouTube Capture is an app designed exclusively for capturing and uploading videos to YouTube from iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It provides a secure and straightforward process for uploading videos to YouTube.
2. Open YouTube Capture. If the app has never been opened before, steps 3-5 outline the first-launch process.
3. Tap Sign In, and sign in using your school email address and password; <your username>@students.danebank.nsw.edu.au
4. Once you have successfully logged in, tap Get Started, and then select which enhancements you wish the app to make to the videos you upload. If you are unsure about the options, leave them unchanged. Tap Next in the top right hand corner to continue.
5. Tap Done to complete the first-launch process.
6. Tap the Videos icon to access pre-recorded videos.
7. Tap the camera roll menu in the top left and select the video you wish to upload.
8. Give the video a title and set the privacy to Private. Tap Upload to begin the upload.
What are privacy settings?
Privacy settings determine who can search for and view your video. There are three options; Public, Unlisted and Private. It is recommended that you use Private for school purposes.
- Public will allow people to search for, share, and view your video. It is important you do not put your full name, address, phone number or any other sensitive information in publicly listed videos as they are then freely available to anyone who views the video.
- The Unlisted setting only allows those who have a direct link to the video to view it, and cannot be searched for by people without the link. You may give the link to people who you trust, but it is still recommended that you keep sensitive personal information out of these videos.
- The Private setting only allows you and those users who you invite to view the video. The video cannot be searched for and viewed by unauthorised users.
9. Tap Upload to agree to these settings, and the video will begin processing in the left-hand-side menu. Upload speeds will vary depending on the video quality and length, and the quality of your internet connection.
10. Once the video finishes uploading, more information can be added to the video including a Description, Tags, and a Category.
11. Once the video has finished processing, open the YouTube app to view your video (may require login depending on Privacy setting).