This guide will give you an introduction to using the Danebank Home Portal to follow your academic progress, view your timetable and school calendar, see upcoming tasks and recent tasks, view your task comments/results, and provide task reflections to your Teachers.
1. Open an internet browser (preferably google chrome) and go to https://edumate.danebank.nsw.edu.au, then log in with your normal danebank username and password. If you are unable to login, please speak with the IT department.
2. You will see the home page of the portal. You can log out at any time by clicking ‘logout’ beneath your name in the top right hand corner. Click on ‘Student Portal‘ (circled in red below) to take you to your profile page.
3. Your profile page will have your photo and basic details. You will see upcoming school events in the right column (yellow arrow below) as well as a link to your timetable (blue arrow below). Various tabs are available beneath your photo, and the default one that will open is your ‘Upcoming Tasks’. You will see any upcoming tasks listed here as they approach (red arrow below), and you can view all the future tasks you have by clicking ‘Show all’ (green arrow below).
4. Click on ‘Recent Task Results‘ to see your tasks that you have completed. You will see the date it was due in the first column (red arrow below) as well as other details in the other columns. The final column is where you access your results (green arrow below), however the results may not be immediately available. When results are unavailable ‘Show Task Result‘ will appear as plain black text and will not be clickable.
5. As your task results are released, you will see ‘Show Task Result‘ turn into a blue link (eg red circle below). Clicking on these links will open up a window with your task comments and results.
6. Below is an example of a Task Result window. Initially you will only see your comment with no marks. To access your marks, you must first type a detailed ‘Student Reflection‘ (red arrow below) on the task which will be visible to your teachers.
For each task you will need to reflect/write about your areas of strength as well as areas for future improvement.
8. Upon saving your reflection you should see your task results and a box and whisker graph showing where your result places in the entire course. (You may need to close the ‘Show Task Results‘ window and go back into it to see your results appear)
9. After see your result, your are also required to ‘Confirm‘ the result is correct by clicking the Confirm button. This act means that you are accepting your mark is accurate and taking responsibility for that result. This confirmation will be time and date stamped and visible to your teachers.
10. Back on your profile page, you will see under recent results a link to ‘See history for all tasks‘ (red circle below). Clicking this you can go back to any point in time where you had results released on the portal, to see the history of your results and comments.
11. A window will pop up when you click the above link that lets you choose the academic year, as well as the course for which you wish to see old task results and comments.
12. As mentioned earlier, on your Student Portal profile page you can also access your school timetable by clicking the ‘View Timetable‘ link (circled in red below).
13. This will take you to a calendar view which lists your daily classes, as well as any events/excursions you may have on. You can change the date in the top left to see your past/future timetable, as well as change the view to day/week/month/term.
If you have any issues at all using the portal, please see the IT department!