What’s this for?
When you install the google drive app on your mac or pc you can be selective to what folders it syncs with your computer.
First you need to download the Google drive app
To change what to sync, follow these steps.
Everything in “My Drive” will sync to your Google Drive folder, unless you choose to sync only some folders or subfolders.
- Start Google Drive.
- On a Mac, go to Finder > Applications > Google Drive.
- On a PC, go to Start > Programs > Google Drive.
- Click the Google Drive icon .
- On a Mac, the icon is usually in the menu bar at the top right of the screen.
- On a PC, the icon is usually in the taskbar at the bottom right of the screen.
- In the top right, click More
- Click Preferences > Sync Options.
- Click to choose which folders or subfolders will sync:
- OPTION 1: “Sync everything in My Drive.”
- OPTION 2: “Sync only these folders.”
- If you choose OPTION 2, click the box to the left of the folder names to choose what folders will sync.
- Click Apply to confirm your changes.