What is this for ?
Since upgrading to iOS 5.0, you are now able to receive and install updates without connecting your iPad to your computer and syncing with iTunes. Follow these steps when you want to update your iPad to a more recent operating system.
2. Connect your iPad to a power supply
3. Open the Settings app
4. Go to General section and tap on Software Update
5. Your iPad will now check for any available updates.
6. If there is an update available, it will begin to download automatically
7. Once the update has finished downloading, it will notify you that it is available to be installed. Tap Close
8. Tap Install Now
9. Agree to the Terms and Conditions
10. It will now verify the update and begin installing
11. Your iPad will automatically reboot after the installation has finished