You can print customised lists of classes, forms, contact groups (eg houses, sports teams) etc which can containt details from simply students name, year, house etc to things such as medical alerts, birthdates and many other options. This can be useful for printing checksheets for excursions or other situations where you may need to tick off students or have specific details handy.
1. From the edumate menu , click ‘Contacts’.
At the top right of the screen you will see a button labelled ‘filters’:
some filters for finding contact lists. On the left is a date field (which usually you would leave as the current date unless it is a class or year group that is from a previous year), then a few options for what type of list you want to generate. The three buttons ‘Form’, ‘Class’ and ‘Search Type’ will define what options appear in the list below. ‘Search Type’ lets you find co-curricular lists and other non-standard lists.
2. The ‘Search Type’ option gives you a drop down menu where you can choose to display various types of contact groups as displayed in the image below.
3. After choosing ‘form’, ‘class’ or a ‘search type’ above, you will see a list of classes/groups appear as options in the box below these options (circled in red below). Clicking on any of these will show you a list of the people included in that group (yellow arrow below).
4. To generate a printable list, click on the ‘Print’ button (circled in red below), and click the first option – ‘Generate List’ (circled in yellow below).
5. N.B. You will need to click the ‘Print’ button again after clicking generate list to close the print options and see the generate list page!
6. The generate list page will give you many options for information to include in the list you generate, simply tick the boxes you want on your list.
7. At the end of this list there is also the option to display empty columns on the printout (in the below example we have specified 2 empty columns). This may be useful if you need the girls to sign in/out or if you want to tick them off or write any other details next to them on the list.
8. When you’re ready, click the print preview button which will open our printout in a new window.
9. Based on the options we selected earlier, we receive a list as below, which can then be printed by clicking the ‘Print’ button in the top left. Alternatively you can choose in the previous step to ‘Save as CSV(Excel)’ if you wish to open that printout in excel to modify it or save it.